September 7, 2011

Quelle surprise!

As the end of the fabulous wedding drew near, I got my crew in gear, grabbed our goodies, gave our well-wishes, then headed for home. We made all the stops, got our peeps to their beds, and when we arrived in Spruce to get to our bed, I was shocked to see a tiny pair of shoes near the dog dishes on the floor. A tiny flash of excitement welled over me and I knew that Q would be so happy in the morning to see who was there. Q is an uncle you see and a damn good one: he loads computer games and transforms Transformers, hangs out and engages in chases around the house that are followed with little screams and giggles (by nephew, not Q haha). Nephew, was soooo happy to see his uncle! And Q was soooo happy to see Nephew.

Uncles make excellent jungle gyms.

Now Q is a lil bit of a techie, Mac/Apple has a strong hold on him. And thankfully he brought me away from the PC. Slower than molasses in January, they is! So Q has an iPad - which is great for little people and not-so-good-with-computers people - and he put some fun kid games on there for Nephew and he played them, one right after another. But Angry Birds has been a favourite on the iPhone for Nephew. But playing it on a bigger screen?! With better sound!?! Who needs any other games, those are a waste of time. For at least an hour, all we would hear is:

Nephew: "Can you get this game for me?"
Q: "Sure. You're going to play it?"
N: "Yeah."
Q: "Ok."

(new game downloads.....new game theme tune.....new game noises.....ANGRY BIRDS THEME TUNE! ANGRY BIRDS NOISES!)

Q: "I thought you wanted the other game."
N: "No, I like Angry Birds."

(ANGRY BIRDS NOISES)

:) Hahaha it was funny and now we all cringe a little bit when we hear Angry Birds. 

Here's a lil peek into our afternoon, a completely wonderful time chillin' out with Nephew (soon I'll be his aunt.....pretty coooooool!):



Two uncles, Nephew, and an iPad.
Nanan got into it too. My soon to be new mum-in-law.
She knows the Angry Birds theme tune all too well now...hahaha!
One of my new brothers.
The perfect Sunday afternoon.


Speaking of awesome uncles, my uncle is a photog master and has his own blog and flickr page (bigfootmedia). Although it's been dormant for a while, he's got some sweet shots and great stories to go with it. You see, my uncle works in the media, and with that he gets some pretty awesome assignments: trips to the States for hockey game coverage, getting photos from stage front of Billy Idol (Billy gave him a personal snarl!), and biggest of all.....Olympic coverage! He was sent to Vancouver and to Whistler to check out the Athlete's Village. Anyways, see it for yourself and be jealous like me. Also, photog master uncle gave his approval for my photos on this here lil blog. How awesome is that?! I felt so happy when he said that I just about cried in his kitchen. His newly modern kitchen. Unfortunately I forgot to snap a shot of the new backsplash because it is aaamaaaazing! I love it, I promise to get a shot of it in the next little while. Well.....I promise to try to get a shot..... :) .

Breathe deep, falls a'comin'! Exciiiiiitiiiiiing!

No comments:

Post a Comment