September 14, 2011

Discipline

I need to keep on top of this here blog, I'm quickly falling behind again! Plus! I have once again forgotten about other events that I had some photos of, but can I find those photos? Noooo.....I'm mostly referring to one particularly "large" event too. A family reunion of sorts that was filled with birthdays and milestones, beer and a trampoline, and a bonfire that ended up with those at the fire being sprayed with the hose by the fire-ban-means-NO-FIRE cousin Debbie. Q and Julie were a little shocked but loved that that's the sort of thing that happens in me familia. If you don't listen the first time, you're gonna get the hose. :)........AH! The photos! I just had a brainwave, I believe they are on my Momma's camera. So Momma and Seestor, please email me those or you will not make an appearance here and you will be depriving the rest of the family of fame. Tsk tsk. Moving on.....

Cute outfit for a day off!
hat: anthropologie, dress: american eagle outfitters, clown brooch: childhood

Took that baby while going to check the mail and to get a blueberry muffin. A delightful little walk in the morning. *sigh* I wish I could do that everyday. In time.....



The fair rolled through town not too long ago, and it was a searing hot day. The aptly named Whoop Up Days, is identical to Klondike (I mean "Capital Ex" - insert eye roll here) Days, just on a bit of a smaller scale. Lots of rides, lots of food to indulge in that will leave your guts feeling wretched afterwards. Not to mention all the games and strange looking stuffed animals for prizes. My favourite prize that I spotted at the water gun game, was a framed photo of a poorly sketched red rose that was surrounded by the words in plain block letters "I Love You". What a prize hey?! Can't say I've seen that before. I wanted Q to play that game, kick it's ass, win the photo, then hand it to me with a "Here ya go doll" followed by a wink and a 1940s wartime smooch.


We didn't play the game. :(

After nearly melting into the pavement, we were all in agreement that it was time to blow that corn dog stand and head for shade and/or air conditioning and some refreshments. Here's a little looksie:


Pay no heed to the running tween.


Cal and J-Roc. New friendos in Bridgetown.

Cute outfit #2!
 dress: forever XXI
I had to make an attempt to be one of the best dressed at the fair and conscious of the heat. If I was going to end up as a Bradley Bee puddle, it better be pretty cool looking.

We also had some guests stop for a dinner visit on their way back home from a golfing vacation in the States a few days after. Can you guess who? 


Give up?!




OK! It was Aimee & Casey! 


How we've missed you two! It was wonderful to see you and thank you so much for making a detour to hang out for a while! xoxo! This is the second time these two kats are on the blog. The first time was my first endeavour into the home photog realm.

A few days after our Hazeldean neighbours departed for home, so did we. A weekend to relax and visit. Q was more about the relaxing and I was more about the visiting and out-&-aboutness of home. My first stop was to Mikay's house, my second home, my Fort home, where my second family and I discussed all things wedding and Halloween. Wedding being the number one this year, as Halloween had to relinquish it's place for this one time and settle for topic number two. Topic number three (aka two) is always Christmasy. That will come, it's a ways off for now. Fort Aunt joined Fort Ma and Fort Pa for a night of canning. A Friday night of canning......hahaha they will never be out of pickled carrots and other veggies. They sealed so many yellow beans that it will last them until this time next year! 


Doesn't that look tasty?!
Canning is a sign that fall is nearly upon us. And thank goodness for that! My #1 season is finally here (almost)! The colours! The sweaters, scarves, and boots! The crisp wind and hot apple cider and pumpkin spice muffins! There is nothing better than all of that (until the winter wonderland).    ;)   Exciting! Then I can start collecting twigs for........well I'll wait to share that one. Last year it was pinecones for my wreath, and boy oh boy did that take a while. Collecting AND creating.

Well, I'd say it's been a pretty decent summer so far. What do you say Q?


That's what I thought. 

Fall's on it's way! Breathe in the last of the warm air!

No comments:

Post a Comment