September 14, 2011

A View Through My Lenses: Mechanical & Biological

I've been trying my hand at simple flower arrangements. I love flowers and dream of being a florist in the future. Let the journey begin.....


.....with a blast from the past! Below is an arrangement that a florist friend of mine let me do to help her out as she was swamped with orders. Little scary looking but beautiful. Every florist who sees this might shudder but I was proud of it and Cindy really liked it. Our tastes are similar.  She's a hip lady with the wackiest blingy accessories you'd ever seen. Her style is eclectic and fun. Cindy is a two-thumbs-up.



And now for a more refined style. I've come to find my style and tastes, not just in florals but in many other aspects of everyday life. It's all a shmoz still but it's becoming refined through time and editing. Eventually I will be caught up to ladies such as these Edmonton beauties: Janis and Marie. And I can't leave out my lovely friend, Erinn. Note: I have never met J or M, but I follow their blogs because it keeps me in the loop of the changing trends back home. They have their fingers on the pulse of Edmonton's fashion and hip culture. Perhaps I'll be lucky enough to meet them one day. Until then, blog on ladies! Blog on!

Anyways, back to the main idea behind this post: fleurs! And such......

Gerber daisies and button mums
Delicate green and pink/white lisianthus
The most beautiful irises I have ever seen with a punch
of green dianthus

Ivory hydrangea and hypericum berries

In the deep south of Alberta, we have some cool structures; some are functional, some are thought-provoking art, some are just historical chunks. What do these do for you?




One day, I'll climb these stairs and enjoy a cool drink in the lookout.


These are a personal favourite: wind farms.
I heart the iPhone camera. Eet ees sooo goooood!
My goal is to get reeeeeeeal close and get some better photos. I just hope I don't get swept away! Take a deep Breath!.....

1 comment:

  1. I know I'm late on this, but...... :)
    Much Love Fellow blogger. Much Love.
    xx
    Erinn

    ReplyDelete