September 25, 2011

No Boys Allowed


It was a no-boys-allowed day trip to Jasper to check out places and such for the upcoming nuptials. It was a chilly and successful day. I don't want to spoil any surprises for some people so I won't be posting anything of the venue stuff (even though I really want to).  Here's a little teaser (or two):



All in due time! Very exciting! And time is flying by like a concord jet, so I better get my butt in gear!

The following day, I went to lunch with the ever glowing Jenny Babe to Gracious Goods. Delightful little cafe with the most delicious raspberry sorbet milkshake and the most flavourful turkey sandwich. It goes without saying that I'll be back there as soon as I can to indulge in another milkshake.....and turkey sandwich. :)

P.S.: thanks to Jenny Babe and Mr. Babe for letting us use their Park Pass to go to Jasper! 

After our lunch, we went to the bookshop next door. What an amazing collection of literature and knick knacks! I purchased two books (at an amazing deal!): Moral Disorder by Margaret Atwood and Dressing Up For The Carnival by Carol Shields. I'm really looking forward to reading these but I'm committed to finishing my current novel of choice: The Sweetness At The Bottom Of The Pie by Alan Bradley. So far it's really good. It seems to be taking me extra long to get that one done because I'm continually getting distracted. Silly blog. Jokes!

Onwards! Once we said our goodbyes and managed to fight off the tears, I took the alley out due to an uproar of minor construction and came across one of my favourite things about urban life: graffiti. I'm not talking about the big colourful hip hop type graffiti, I mean the small and simple graffiti that you catch a glimpse of out of the corner of your eye.


I just smile whenever I find one of these.

I can't explain why that makes so happy but it does. And now a couple more snapshots because I can't help myself anymore, I'm a photo addict I think.

A misty drive into the Park and the only wildlife we saw was a bloated moose on the side of the highway.  :(

He's just so adorable.


No comments:

Post a Comment