August 30, 2011

Colossus Blends Into August

Big month. Lots of things to do, people to see, and LOTS of kilometres put on the car. Lets see now, where were we.....

.....oh yes! We left off at Henderson Lake. After the first wedding of the summer (Brianne and Matthew), we had another family visit: my momma and my grandfolks came down for a couple days! During their visit, we went to the Nikka Yuko Japanese Garden. It's a beautiful and serene little park, simple structures and nothing but green. Here's a taste of our lil' outing:








3/4 of the Murray clan and the core of my family. xoxo

Aside from a wedding, another family visit, and bringing Arkham home, Q and I were runners in the Canadian Death Race. This would be the third year in a row for Q and my first. We ran as a relay team with two friends of ours and I was the runner for Leg 3. The thing about Leg 3 is that this is the portion of the race that is the total pressure cooker for time: I had to be at my transfer station by 7pm or our team would be disqualified. It is with extreme regret and disappointment to report that I made it in at 7:30pm. *insert uncontrollable sobbing here* I felt awful for letting my team down even though they seemed relieved to be able to go back to camp and relax instead of running for another 12-ish hours. I began running at 4:15pm and never stopped moving until I reached the transfer sta.....sorry, finish line. I know I would have made it sooner had I trained better and trained more. But I am super proud that I ran 21km in 3 hours and 15 minutes, which I think is pretty damn good for an undertrained runner. Next time, I will own Leg 3 and we will continue on. To Jenny Babe, Steve, and me love, Q, I couldn't have crossed that finish line without you three by my side and pushing. Thank you! <3 I can also say that never in my life have been so grateful for the aide bar in the handicap bathroom stalls in public washrooms. My body ached so bad that it was difficult to move any and every muscle and joint. I was sure that I would never be able the bear children. I'm ok now, and children are a long ways off.

Our Grande Cache Death Race camping adventure ended and now we are in August. Once we arrived back in Bridgetown on the Sunday, we worked and on Friday I went back home for Anna's stagette. We played games to get to know each other, had a delicious potluck dinner, played hilarious and "sexy" games, then headed out to Whyte Avenue for some drinks and more fun games that involved the public, more specifically, the public male population. The game we played on Whyte was this: we were all given cards with different "types" of guys to get photos with. I was given two that I thought would be easy and two I thought would be slightly more difficult. It was the total opposite! The two I thought that would be difficult were to "Have a Dance Off with 'That Guy'" and "Get a Piggyback Ride to the Ladies Room from 'That Guy'". They were a lot of fun. The other two were totally eclipsed, so it's not worth it to mention them here.

I get back to Bridgetown on the Sunday (again) and at the end of the week, Q and I are back in the current murder capital of Canada for the wedding. Q was one of the groomsmen and he looked sooo delicious.

Yummy!

This wedding was super fun and filled with energy and love that you could feel emanate through the walls. Anna and Jonas are the couple that sing and play music together and are always up for a good time with those they love. This wedding was beautiful: blue, green, and purple, maids adorned with peacock feathers in their hair and iridescent dresses.  As a tribute to their family, the spectacular couple sang a duet of "Morning Has Broken" with Jonas on guitar. This was just one of the many tear-jerking moments throughout the whole night. The main entertainment: karaoke. Anna and Jonas are some of the greatest karaoke singers (dare I say Lauryn Hill-esque?). After years of going to karaoke night with everyone, I finally sang. The tune of choice was one of my favourites: "Dream A Little Dream of Me" by Mama Cass. I was shaking the whole time and for a while afterwards but I was super proud of myself. The two people that have always pushed me to sing (and I never gave in) were Q and Colin, and they both missed it!  Although I was told by a new friend, Tara, that I "sang the shit out of that song". Thank you Tara! Check out the beautiful and soulful newlyweds:

The new Mr. & Mrs. took my breath away.

And now, here's a glimpse at some of the gang (I'm sorry for those not pictured, :(  your photos were fuzzy) at this grande occasion:

B&BB: Bashmore and Bradley B.
Kristina, enjoying the air conditioning of the local
BPs during the ceremony/reception break. Such a beautiful smile!
Julie basking in the glow of the most beautiful and humungous flowering vines I have ever seen.
Those are 20 year old clematis vines! Mrs. E has the ultimate green thumb I think.
Gorgeous Bashmore
Bashmore and her smouldering sex pot  of a boyfriend
Bridesmaid EVee and her man. Aren't the dresses amazing?!
And the woman wearing it?! Stunning!
Groom's brother & MC, Best Man, and Great Friend & MC
The bride and the rest of her maids
Me love and twin brother of the bride.
I love this photo!
To Anna and Jonas: Congratulations and thank you for a great time! I wish you all the best in the lifetime ahead. You two are fantastic and such a joy to be around. Breathe deep with big teeeeeethy smiles! xoxo


Happiness. xoxo










No comments:

Post a Comment