September 13, 2012

Many Yummies In My Tummy

I barely remembered my login info. That's bad. Bad blogger is me. Anyways, to make up for it, I'm going to share some recipes of a few things I've made this summer (some more than once or twice). I know you'll love these. I do. So do my guests. :)



Stuffed Cucumber Cups


1             3 oz. pkg. cream cheese, softened
3 tbsp.    mayonnaise
1/2 c.      feta cheese crumbles
2 tbsp.    minced red onions
1 tbsp.    chopped fresh green onions
1 tbsp.    chopped fresh dill
1/2 tsp.   grated lemon zest
2 tsp.      lemon juice
1 tsp.      minced garlic
2             English cucumbers, peeled (I didn't) and sliced into 1 in. slices (I did)
1             red bell pepper

*Note: I did not use mayonnaise or the fresh dill as I had a dill and ranch salad dressing on hand which worked great. I also excluded the red onions. Just a personal preference. This makes a small appetizer but it packs a big garlic-y punch. Cutting out the red onions does not affect the potential need for a breath mint afterwards.

- In the bowl of a food processor (or KitchenAid mixer) pulse cream cheese and mayonnaise (or ranch and dill dressing) until smooth.
- Add feta, red onion (if you use it), green onions, dill, lemon zest, lemon juice, and garlic; pulse until smooth.
- Place mixture into a pastry bag fitted with a medium star tip.
- Using a melon baller, remove a small portion of the centre of the cucumber slice (careful to not go through the bottom!)
- Pipe in mixture to each cucumber cup.
- Slice red bell pepper into small 1 in. pieces. Garnish each cucumber cup with a little bell pepper.
- Serve immediately.


Enjoy!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment