August 2, 2012

The One You've All Been Waiting For: KING

You probably noticed him in the "Welcome!" photo in the previous post, but here he is for all to see. King is a 4ish year old Bull Mastiff. He was a rescue dog and we took him in when my new brother-in-law realized that consistency is what King needed (brother-in-law lives on an acreage and works unpredictable hours. Kudos to brother-in-law for rescuing him in the first place 2 years ago. Much love new brother, much love). Instead of strangers taking him home, we did. He stays in the family and gets the level of comfort and consistency he needs. The sweetest dog with the biggest smile I've ever seen. We are in the process of training him up a level and so far he is on the Honour Roll. There are some challenges to overcome but we are pushing through and doing very well. Tonight was a special night for King and I: it was our first walk together on our own. We both did stellar, as pack leadette and student. Super proud of Kingers. Anyways, enough chatter.....



Best smile, right? 




I am the only one full of estrogen in this house. I live with 4 boys. 4! Q, Floyd, Arkham, and now, King. I love all my boys to the depths of the universe and back. This is just the beginning to the Eff Animal Kingdom I think, we shall see what the future holds.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment