January 4, 2012

My Journal

.....is a little leather number that is a beautiful shade of green. It was a gift from my uncle and I have the perfect purpose for it. It will now serve as my "pre-blog" journal. I don't always have instant access to a computer so I can blog there until I can share it here with you.



Britt Britt and I went on a lunch date at a restaurant that I've wanted to dine at for a very long time. This restaurant was the Continental Treat on Whyte Avenue. Hahaha it was far more romantic than ever intended but it was a delightful afternoon with some really really good food. I had schnitzel for the first time and it was so tasty! Britt Britt had the Polish cutlets which she said were also very good.

We both indulged in the pickle soup. Holy. Smokers. It was the best soup I've ever had. It was filled with carrots and pickles and chunks of potato. The food wasn't heavy, it was light and hearty and very very filling.

Delicious meal and a warm atmosphere. The decor of the restaurant made me feel like I was in old Europe. Soul-soothing classical music filled our ears while we ate. A very calming place to dine. The bar area was filled to the brim with liquor and the countertop was completely covered with a multitude of wine. All different kinds but the one that caught my eye was "Ghost Pines". Unfortunately we didn't have any wine, but that's one I would try based purely on the label. It's haunting and very pretty.

Above the landscape of vino, hovered constellations of delicate necked glasses. Throughout the restaurant were vintage lampshades hanging from the ceiling; a great accent to the masculine fireplace who's mantle was home to a family of these (except they were draped with white wax from the proud standing taper candles):

I love these!
One day, my kitchen will be littered with them.

A great time catching up with my long time BFF. Thanks for lunch and the sweater and sweets!



xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment