January 25, 2012

Birthday Weekend Ketchup

Get it? Ketchup!? Catch up.....anyways here's the tale of last weekend. I showed you the hat the Q gave me and that was just the beginning to a wonderful weekend with some pretty great peeps.

Friday: actual birthday. Party at home with family and Bridgetown friends. Best. Party. Ever. It was designed to my exact specifications with a little extra in surprises.

I woke up on birthday morning to see the kitchen decked to the nines in Batman (that was the theme, and yes I realized this birthday party will look like something for a 10 year old boy, but it was awesome).

This was the greatest homemade card ever, dwellers of the house had
signed it and then later at the party, so did everyone else. Thank you!




How sweet is that!? There's some good folk in this here house. In our family, the birthday boy or girl gets to choose what they want for dinner and so on and so on. I requested dill pickle soup and then changed my mind to grilled cheese sandwiches and pickles (the surprise here was bacon!). The other surprise was homemade cheesecake that Seestor made! It was so good that Bridgetown boys were talking about it the next day! Good show Seestor!


Saturday: WEM shopping with Bridgetown boys and billiard double birthday bonanza.

Bridgetown boys and I went to WEM sans Q (he had to work. Insert sad face.) but had a good time nonetheless. K-Big got himself a fancy watch and a near heart attack too. K-Big doesn't shop much, he's a saver, ppffft. C-Man cashed in on some sweet deals for classy and hipster clothes and outerwear. I found a beautiful Bettie Page dress and pretty earrings. We gave our wallets a bit of a break and headed over to the amusement park, Galaxyland. Space Shot and Mindbender were awesome! It's been a long time since I've been on rides and after a run on the Mindbender I was reminded why: motion sickness! I didn't feel all that bad until we went on the carousel. With the 3 year old children. And I was the one who was sick.

Billiard double birthday bonanza! Mrs. Babe and I had a double birthday party. She's a pool shark and I am not. She won nearly every game she played and I did not. We exchanged gifts and squeezed the life out of each other as usual (we're big huggers). Hahaha we'll get to Mrs. Babe later. All of our friends came to have some fun, whether they stayed for an hour or all night, it was great. I failed to get some photos but rest assured Mr. Babe presented us with a delightful cake made entirely of cupcakes! It read "Happy Birthday K & J!"

What a great weekend. Thank you to everyone who planned and put the birthday parties together, thank you to everyone who came out on Friday and on Saturday, thank you to the Bridgetown boys for driving up to chill and celebrate, and thank you for the gifts, they're wonderful! I love you all!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment