December 11, 2011

Brace Yourself.....

This is the beginning of slew of Christmas posts. I have unfortunately fallen behind (really behind!) on my posts lately and I could explain to you why but I'd rather not because here I am, here we are! So let's take a little trip to a few weeks ago and walk the path of my own Christmas season.

First up: the company Christmas party. It was held at a country club near Beaumont and the roads leading there are barely lit by the distant lights of Edmonton. Once we arrived and were making our way up the main driveway, we encountered a majestic looking deer. Huge antlers! He was beautiful and didn't stick around. I figured the car must have spooked him.....what a chicken.

I chose to be brave and not wear tights or nylons with my little black lace dress. I say brave because it was chilly. It wasn't the usual -30C thank goodness, just cold enough that I could handle the brisk atmosphere and my fake Uggs would do for the travel there and back. I was also brave with my choice of footwear for the night. I wore the most beautiful blush patent leather pumps I've ever owned: my Steve Madden Trinitie pumps. I'm pretty good on my feet (walking and nerd dancing only) in these shoes and good thing too, these bad boys are my wedding day shoes. Bonus for you! Christmas post AND wedding sneak peek!!

I had worn these before and ripped the leather on the toe.
Q's brainpower + my brainpower = easy fix that's barely noticeable.
AND I didn't even wreck them at the party!! *high five*

I would also like to show off the necklace I wore because it's a major statement piece and I am anxiously waiting for the next time it adorns my collar. And no, this is not a wedding piece. Perhaps I'll show that off later. Maybe. We'll see if you get a lump of coal this year.


As friends and co-workers went home and the night began to wind down, we decided that the party wasn't really over, WE were the party. The group simultaneously high fived each other (not really, but I wish that's what happened) at the plan to move from middle-of-nowhere country club to our new home (tour still to come). Mother and Seestor were out of town so the whole house was ours. Logical choice. Obvious choice. Who doesn't have a house party when their parents aren't home? I can say in truth that was my first one and it was like 5 people. Big step in my social standing. Remember, I'm dorky. 

After a few large empty bottles of vodka and rum, and many arm wrestling matches, our wonderful guests made their way home safely. It was such a fun night and great way to kick off the season. Thank you so much everyone! 

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment