August 21, 2011

May: The Beginning of a New, Big Chapter

As usual, I've been neglecting my duties as a blogger, claiming that I have been lacking in inspiration and such, when truthfully a great deal of things have happened that I would like to share. So I think the next few posts that I do are going to be a recap of the past few months. And trust me, A LOT has happened. But where to begin? I figured that there's no better place than May. The reason that May is the first runner in the blog post relay is because me love and I moved (I know I've mentioned this before but this is leading to something else). Moved away from what has been our home for 20 years. Certainly a tough decision but ultimately should pay off in the future for us when return home. We went from Edmonton to Lethbridge in a matter of weeks. It all came and went rather quickly, plus we were pretty lucky. We found a lovely town home to rent that is considerably larger than the one just left: four levels with high ceilings and lots big windows. So lots of stairs mean that I will eventually have a nicer backside and lots of windows for the light to feed the plants and for the cats to expand their curiosity. Cats, that's right, Floyd has a brother now. More on him later.

As seemingly seamless as the move was, it wasn't without its natural stressors. Long story short, the entire situation left me ill. For a couple weeks. During this time, me love pulled the ultimate grand gesture: he proposed! While I was sick and grumpy and without make up on! It was a Sunday evening and after dinner he wanted to go for a walk to check out the area behind our new house. Our house is right on the edge of town, by the train tracks and an old coal mine near the edge of the coulees. We had been in Lethbridge a couple of weeks and hadn't had a chance to begin exploring our new city. Why not get started close to home? As always, I had my camera with me and now that I am an Apple user, I had my phone (which has a better camera than my actual camera) too. Once we reached the bluffs, Q asked me to put the camera away and enjoy the view, I obliged and turned around to see him on bended knee asking me to marry him. Holy smokes right?! Best proposal ever. I continue to smile when I think of that moment. So now that you know the story, I wanted to show you some of the photos I took before I put the cameras away.











The mine has become a scrapyard with no Community College to be seen.
There was another sign saying "NO TRESPASSING" with the "N" backwards.
Out of the four identical "NO TRESPASSING" signs, there was only one with
a backwards "N". How and why did that happen?

Enjoying the view with the camera just before enjoying the view without the camera. 
This Sunday took my breath away.

1 comment: