June 25, 2013

The Corpse Flower

Saturday: totally excited


This remarkable flower was at the Muttart Conservatory in April here in Edmonton. Beautiful isn't it? I was so excited to hear about it that I had to go see it (3 times consecutively). I went on the Saturday because I was too excited to wait, then on Sunday with Q, then immediately after work on Monday because it had bloomed overnight. Unfortunately when we arrived most of the scent had dissipated and would only be very faint. I mostly drank in the scent of gardenias, and it was delightful.

Putrella, as it was aptly named, stood a glorious 8 feet tall (give or take). It was stunning, I could hardly believe that this was a real living thing in our world. It didn't seem real, absolutely motionless. I loved it.


Sunday: a close up


Monday: the full bloom


xoxo
breathe.

No comments:

Post a Comment