June 25, 2013

Inspiration

My love took this fantastic photo after the tornado warning storms had passed. Man he's good!

Hope you're all enjoying your summer! Despite the jaw dropping floods of our sister city in the south and the comparatively minor floods here today, it's been pretty good for us at Breathe. We have planted some new greens in the back garden, dismantled and turfed the busted hot tub, healed our lawn, watched the seeds in the front yard grow (although some of them look suspiciously like weeds...), and were completely elated to discover the mystery plant by the front door turned out to be a 15 year old peony bush. 15 years old! I'm so glad we decided not to rip it out last year!

The Canadian Death Race is approaching and we are training As best we can. I would say that we are making great progress while enduring the sprains, strains, and little injuries that pack a big punch. We are also running in the Color Me Rad 5K on July 7. I'm really looking forward to that and I hope to acquire some photos to share.  

All wonderful things aside, I have been lacking a little bit in inspiration for the past while. So I've been peeking around on Pinterest and searching the webernet for some new-to-me blogs. Big thanks to Creature Comforts for introducing me to Oh My Little Dears. It's a bright, light, and fun blog with great DIY projects and sweet things. Pretty sure I'll find some inspiration from this lovely lady behind the bright ;)

Tell me, what inspires you?

xoxo
breathe. 

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! Things that really make me think or feel something on a significant level inspire me. It could be good, bad, ugly, or simply beautiful. Lately, I too have been really enthralled by the weather and the amazing yet devastating effects it can have on the material things around us. Nature inspires me, always has and always will, as I truly believe that “nature is the storehouse of all ideas and the mother of all inspirational resources.” I am inspired by the garden we have planted this year, each time a seedling pushes its way through the soil, or a ground cover flowers a color so magnificent that I could cry, I am consoled by the fact that nature has it all figured out, even if we don’t. Love and inspiration to you my friend, as you too are one of the most inspirational people I have ever had the honor of knowing.

    ReplyDelete